Italy is far more pet friendly that some people would imagine, which is why taking one’s loved one on holiday (and the other half and children) is becoming increasingly popular. In terms of accommodation, pet owners will be spoilt for choice in Italy where most self-catering properties have plenty of space, gardens and nearby beaches or rolling countryside for walks. Holiday Homes in Italy has access to hundreds of pet friendly properties, which can accommodate one or more pets, providing the ultimate holiday for both owner and pet. Here are just a few ideas for your 2013 break;
1. Tuscany - Villa Chapel is a classic stone farmhouse close to Castellina in Chianti, standing on a hill, where you can take in a beautiful panorama of Chianti near Siena as far as the medieval towers of Monteriggioni. Large, furnished external spaces surround the house.
2. Sicily – La Perla is a splendid villa just a stone's throw away from the sea and near the small village of Donnalucata. It features marvellous outdoor areas, including the garden which ends right opposite the sea and the beautiful beach.
3. Liguria – Zoagli seaview is suited to people who enjoy living in contact with nature, with the countryside and with peace and quiet. The property is surrounded by a large olive grove where you can take in the view of the sea and is captured by the splendid view of the Gulf of Tigullio which runs from Rapallo, to Santa Margherita and to the promontory of Portofino.
4. Le Marche – Villa Sarnano is a beautiful small gem of a villa cosily tucked away in a peaceful nook surrounded by the superb scenery of the Sibilini Mountains. This perfectly restructured stone farmhouse is charming and lovingly cared for by its owner in every detail. The fenced garden frames the large swimming pool.
5. Puglia – Trullo Itria is a beautiful trullo property with a large garden area beautiful maintained and is full of colourful flowers, fruit trees and big centuries-old olive trees. Dry stones walls and the private 12x6 mt large swimming pool add even more character. Trullo Itria is located at the top of a very high hill with a fully panoramic view over the famous Valle d'Itria along the famous countryside up to the nearest beach area of Capitolo.
For suggestions in a specific area or for further details on pet friendly accommodation in Italy, send us an enquiry today.